The Keg Spirit Foundation considers funding for projects based on the following criteria:
- The organization must hold, in good standing, a current charity registration number.
- The project must relate to children or youth in some way.
- The program should contain a mentoring component.
When funding allows (the majority of funding goes to our larger partnerships each year), The Keg Spirit Foundation will make grants to successful applicants; typically, in the range of $2,000 to $5,000. The application has two stages: an initial Letter of Interest, which if invited, is followed by a full proposal.
The initial Letter of Interest is limited to one page and should include:
- A description of the organization and indication of competence in the area of this proposal.
- An outline of the project including: a) Who it will benefit b) Design of the project c) Outcomes expected.
- A brief (2 or 3 lines) overview of your budget, income sources, and expenses for this project.
Letters of Interest may be submitted throughout the year and are reviewed on an ongoing basis. If chosen for further consideration, you will be invited to submit a full proposal and a more detailed application. Please note that funding decisions are traditionally made in the first quarter of the year based on the prior year’s proposals.
The Keg Spirit Foundation does not award grants to:
- Projects outside of our market areas
- Reduction of deficits
- Religious or political causes
Please email or send all applications to The Keg Spirit Foundation at the address below. Please note that we request complete written information, as we will evaluate all proposals based on the information provided.
Respectfully, we request that correspondence be via mail or email.
The Keg Spirit Foundation – Review Committee
Keg Restaurants Ltd.
10100 Shellbridge Way
Richmond, B.C. V6X 2W7